Prince Harry is “upset” to be stuck in California as Prince William and Duchess Kate (née Middleton) took their kids to Balmoral Castle for one last summer trip, a source exclusively tells In Touch. The former royal is frustrated “that he can’t make” the trek out to the family’s Scottish holiday home due to the coronavirus crisis.

However, wife Meghan Markle isn’t sweating staying home. “[She] doesn’t feel like she’s missing out,” the insider says. “She’s been too busy decorating their new Montecito mansion.”

While Harry, 35, and Meghan, 39, are putting together a castle of their very own, Will, 38, and Kate, 38, brought children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis to the Scottish highlands. The Cambridges arrived on August 28 and met up with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. The Sussexes were invited to join — and the Sunday Times reported in March they even accepted the invitation before the pandemic put a stop to their plans — but the family reunion went on without them.

Meghan Markle With Prince Harry and Duchess Kate Middleton With Prince William at Commonwalth Day Service in March 2020
Shutterstock

Brothers Harry and Will are also still at odds amid the ongoing royal feud. The new tell-all book, Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of the Modern Royal Family, documents just how complicated their relationship became and where the drama started. As they continue to clash, it seems the additional tension between Meghan and Kate isn’t helping matters. The book claimed Kate “did little” to help her husband and brother-in-law put their issues aside, reporting she wasn’t interested in “bridging the divide.”

Despite the fact that he’s disappointed to not be able to visit the United Kingdom, Harry is settling in nicely in Santa Barbara, California, where he and his wife are working to make their new place feel like home for their 15-month-old son, Archie. After initially landing in Los Angeles once they moved to the States, the couple found an area that was a little more their style. In mid-August, another insider told In Touch the move was going well.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Walking Together
Tim Rooke/Shutterstock

“Harry doesn’t know the area well at all, but so far so good,” the source said. “Santa Barbara is more his scene than L.A. … He has the freedom and space he needs. Harry was extremely unhappy in L.A.”

The family of three “moved there in mid-July” and did their best to keep the news under wraps. Part of the reason L.A. wasn’t a good fit was because of the crowds and people looking to find stars, but they’re afforded a little more privacy in their new, beachy neighborhood. According to the insider, Montecito has the “peaceful and chill” energy the couple thrives on.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!