He’s not holding back! Jon Gosselin shared his true thoughts about ex-wife Kate Gosselin’s upcoming dating show during a new interview on May 15. The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star spoke candidly about his former flame’s latest reality venture while calling into HLN.
As fans may recall, Jon and Kate’s family enamored viewers when the first season of their show premiered on the Discovery Health Channel in 2007. Since then, Jon has stepped away from the spotlight. Now, Kate, 44, is getting ready to take the TV world by storm again.
When asked for his thoughts on Kate Plus Date, Jon, 42, replied, “Well I guess, to each his own. Whatever keeps the lights on. I don’t know. I just work a normal job. I haven’t really been on reality TV in about 10 years. Although I do come to visit L.A. pretty often and New York, but I kind of just stay out of the limelight as much as possible. I do DJ, but it doesn’t bring the limelight like it did 10 years ago,” the father-of-eight said. “If she chooses to do that, she chooses to do it.”
“Two of the kids live with me, so those two won’t be on her dating show,” Jon added, referring to their daughter Hannah and son Collin. “I’m pretty sure the other four won’t be either, but I know obviously that Mady and Cara are on the dating show,” the reality star-turned-DJ shared.
It’s been almost a decade since Jon and Kate’s divorce was finalized in 2009. The exes are proud parents to twins, Madelyn and Cara, 18, as well as sextuplets Collin, Hannah, Joel, Leah, Alexis and Aaden, who all just turned 15. During his phone interview, Jon also gave a custody update.
“Well, Hannah and Collin live with me full-time with Colleen, that’s my girlfriend of five years,” Jon said. “We have a house right down the road from Kate’s house. The twins are going off to college,” he added. Jon also confirmed that Joel, Leah, Alexis and Aaden live with Kate full-time.
Kate Plus Date will premiere Monday, June 10.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!