Geoffrey Paschel Selfie
Courtesy Geoffrey Paschel/Instagram

He’s always maintained his innocence in his domestic violence case, and now 90 Day Fiancé star Geoffrey Paschel is hoping to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. After he attended the first day of court in his legal battle, he took to Instagram to update fans on how it was going and promise the “truth” would be revealed.

“First day of court is over,” he captioned one photo on his Instagram Story on Tuesday, August 18. On additional slides, he continued, “And it went fantastic!!! The truth will definitely prevail this time!!! Shall we root out some more lies today? Yes, I think we should.”

Before the 90 Days Star Geoffrey Paschel Says Truth Will Prevail in Domestic Violence Case
Courtesy Geoffrey Paschel/Instagram

News first broke that Paschel, 41, was facing assault accusations before season 4 of Before the 90 Days even aired. According to court documents obtained by In Touch, the charges included aggravated kidnapping, domestic assault, interference with emergency call and vandalism related to a June 2019 incident that involved his then-girlfriend. Though officers noted “bruises” and “abrasions” on the woman’s body, Paschel insisted the injuries were “self-inflicted.”

Season 4 aired as normal, but the allegations kept Geoffrey from appearing on the Before the 90 Days tell-all special. In a YouTube video, he used his platform to tell his side of the story, denying that he was ever violent with anyone. Calling the claims “absurd,” he suggested that several of his exes conspired to take aim at him and obtain full custody of the children they share with him.

“I know for a fact that I never laid a hand on any of these people,” he said in the video. “The [first] allegations came from [my son] Cayvan’s mother, then [my] second wife jumped on board. And it was after that, after I’m leaving a relationship, the girlfriend jumped on. And so now you have these allegations trying to only corroborate each other’s story. That’s all they’re trying to do is corroborate the story.”

He further claimed it was “absolutely not” true that multiple protection orders had been taken out against him. In Touch confirmed in February his ex-girlfriend obtained a restraining order that was extended twice, but Paschel pointed out that he “went to court, fought it and won.” He claimed, “The judge sided with me, and it was [proven] that she was lying about her allegations because none of the timeline made sense.”

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 for confidential support.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!