Jon and Kate plus drama! The feuding exes split more than 10 years ago, but the custody battle over their eight kids rages on. According to a new report, the former TLC stars are currently duking it out in court.
Radar Online managed to get a hold of Pennsylvania court docs that detail the couple’s decade-long fight, which recently escalated when Hannah moved in with her father. A judge filed a custody order on April 5, 2018, that apparently threw Kate for a loop — because she fought the ruling for months. On May 4, she filed a motion for reconsideration, aka she asked the judge to reconsider his decision.
The reality star mama even took it as far as the county’s superior court, but on June 14, the appeal was shut down. The judge said she filed the appeal more than 30 days after the court’s ruling and she “did not present legal argument to justify this Court’s jurisdiction.” The judge added, “This court has no jurisdiction to excuse the failure to file a timely notice of appeal.”
To add to the stress, one of Kate’s attorneys reportedly quit back in May. The following month, Kate filed an emergency petition for special relief, which gives priority to an urgent case, but this was also shut down.
Last month, Hannah spent the Fourth of July with her dad, and just one month prior, E! News reported that the two were, indeed, under the same roof. “Hannah has been living with Jon full-time for quite a while. They have a great relationship.”
The same can’t be said for his twins, Mady and Cara, however. “He makes it seem like we’re being kept from him, which is insane,” Mady told People in August 2016. “He should maybe spend some time thinking about why we don’t want to see him, and maybe realize that if he ever does want a relationship with us, talking about us on TV is not the way to make that happen.” She added, “He doesn’t even know us. How can he dare to talk about us?”
The exact substance of the court documents is not known at this time, but the custody battle is still ongoing.