90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? stars Paul Staehle and Karine Staehle (née Martins) were both granted restraining orders against each other as the couple remains estranged after a blowout fight, In Touch can confirm.

A judge approved both protective orders, which state Paul, 35, and Karine, 23, both have to stay 500 feet away from each other, according to court documents obtained by In Touch. Karine’s restraining order against Paul was granted on July 31. Paul was granted a restraining order against Karine on August 1. Their 17-month-old son, Pierre, is protected under each restraining order. While Paul is restrained from having contact with Pierre, both parents were granted temporary custody of their son. A judge will determine which parent will have permanent legal and physical custody at a later date.

Paul and Karine were first introduced to fans on season 1 of TLC’s 90 Day Fiancé spinoff, 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days. They documented their love story on the series, but the drama reached a peak offscreen when Paul documented a fight between him and his wife via Instagram Live on July 30. Cops were called twice to their home during their dispute, which the Louisville, Kentucky native claimed started after he caught Karine speaking with a Brazilian lawyer about “child support and divorce.”

Shortly after the fight, Karine left their marital home with the couple’s son and filed a restraining order. In the police report obtained by In Touch, Karine accused Paul of abuse, claiming he “pushed” her to “the floor” on several occasions, was “holding” her green card and other important documents from her, “monitoring” her phone and not allowing her to “leave the house.” Paul previously denied Karine’s claims.

In Paul’s filing, he claimed Karine put broken “glass” in his “food” and alleged she “assaulted” him. He claimed a security camera in their home filmed the alleged altercation, and the footage would “prove” his “innocence.”

Paul also claimed Karine went “missing” with their son after she left their home, but the Brazilian native slammed his claims in a statement on August 2. “I want you all to know that me and Pierre are doing well now. All this past days [sic] I had a lot going on,” she wrote via Instagram Story. “As the media showed, I had issues where the police was called because I feared for my life and my son’s life which led me to ask for help and ultimately be rescued from an environment that no longer was healthy for none of us involved in the situation.”

“I’m getting the best help I could ever get and I’m really thankful for all the people involved in it. I also think all the people that worry about me for the support I have had. It have [sic] been a big part of my recovery. Relationships are hard and sometimes it just can’t be fixed anymore. I need this time to organize my thoughts, work on myself and care for my son after everything we have been through in the last year and a half.”

Hours after their court hearing on August 11, Paul shared a cryptic message via Instagram Story stating he “regrets” not “keeping [their] marital problems private.” Hinting at their estrangement and rumors claiming Karine is currently pregnant with the couple’s second child, he added, “I never want to date or remarry to ever feel this pain again. To not be a part of your children’s life, born and unborn, is beyond painful.”

Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at contact@intouchweekly.com.