After Britney Spears father, Jamie Spears, allegedly got in an explosive fight with her 13-year-old son Sean Preston, her ex-husband Kevin Federline filed a restraining order against the grandfather. In the midst of all her family drama, sources told Us Weekly that the pop star is worried about the fate of her custody agreement.

Britney, 37, is “furious” with her father and is “extremely distraught” over the whole situation, the source said. “Her biggest fear has always been losing custody of her boys,” another insider stated, “and now she feels that Jamie may have put her in jeopardy as a result of his actions.”

Britney Spears Custody Jeopardy Dad Jamie Fight Sean
Courtesy Britney Spears/Instagram

In Touch confirmed that an investigation was launched after the incident where Jamie got into an alleged altercation with his grandson on September 3. “Mr. Federline alleged the grandfather battered one of the sons on August 24, I believe the 13-year old,” Sergeant Marta Bugarin, spokeswoman for the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, told Radar on Tuesday, September 3.

The singer allegedly removed her children from her father’s care, though Federline’s restraining order against Jamie, which was granted by a judge, may impact Britney’s custody agreement. The two recently revised their arrangement where Kevin, 41, with have custody of Sean and Jayden, 12, 70 percent of the time while Britney will have her boys the other 30 percent.

“Kevin could very well file a motion with the court and say that the alleged incident with Jamie happened because Britney was not supervising the children and left them with her dad and she should have even less time than she has, or her time should be monitored by some paid monitor with the children, even during the limited time she has with the children because she’s clearly not capable of being a supervising parent,” Goldie Schon, Lawyer from Woodland Hills CA/Law Offices told In Touch.

“Absolutely he could take her to court to do that. I don’t know if he’d prevail, but anyone can ask. More time with the children is more money in his pocket.”

Britney has yet to speak on the matter.

For more hot celebrity news, listen to Us Weekly editors dish on top topics & trends with these clips from the Hot Hollywood Podcast!

Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at