Family feud. An investigation has been launched after Britney Spears’ father, Jamie, got into a heated argument with his grandson, Sean, In Touch can confirm. Britney’s ex, Kevin Federline, filed a police report on August 25 following an incident that occurred at Jaime’s Thousand Oaks home the day before.

“Mr. Federline alleged the grandfather battered one of the sons on August 24, I believe the 13-year old,” Sergeant Marta Bugarin, spokeswoman for the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, told Radar on Tuesday, September 3.

To diffuse the situation, the pop star, 37, allegedly removed the children from her father’s care immediately and took them elsewhere. Bugarin said the Sheriff’s investigators plan to submit their investigation to the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office on September 4.

Jamie Spears Allegedly Broke Down Door After Getting Into Heated Argument With Britney Son Sean
Courtesy Jamie Lynn Spears/Instagram

As of now, Jaime has not been arrested and “it will be up to prosecutors to investigate the allegations and file any possible charges.” Meanwhile, Kevin, 41, has reportedly since filed a restraining order against Jamie.

Just a few weeks ago, Britney’s current custody arrangement with her former flame was revealed. On September 3, a source told In Touch that Kevin will get custody of their two sons, 13-year-old Sean and 12-year-old Jayden, 70 percent of the time, while Britney will get them the other 30 percent. The former flames actually established this setup with their kids in August 2018, but they reportedly wanted to try it out for a while before making it official — which they did in 2019.

Britney and Kevin filed the paperwork to lock in the arrangement on August 28. Previously, the chart-topping artist and Kevin had 50-50 custody following the singer’s struggles with mental health that started in 2007.

The “Lucky” singer recently confirmed that she spent a month at a mental health treatment facility, and fans are hoping to see Britney take the stage again soon.

We’re wishing them all the best going forward.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!