Battles of the exes. Britney Spears’ ex-husband Kevin Federline will get custody of their two sons, 13-year-old Sean and 12-year-old Jayden, 70 percent of the time, while Britney will get them the other 30 percent, a source told In Touch on Tuesday, September 3.

Apparently, this has actually been the arrangement since August 2018, but the former flames wanted to test out the waters before they made it official, TMZ reported. Now, the pop star, 37, and the rapper, 41, officially filed the paperwork on August 28. Previously, the blonde beauty and Kevin had 50-50 custody following the singer’s mental health battle which started in 2007.

The Mississippi native has had a rough year, to say the least. In April, Brit checked into a wellness center. However, it seems like the mom of two was in a happier place after she sought help. “Britney is doing better, though,” a source exclusively told In Touch at the time.

Kevin Federline Wearing Jeans With a White T-Shirt Walking With Britney Spears in a Black Dress at an Event
Jim Smeal/BEI/Shutterstock

The “Toxic” crooner shared an update with her Instagram followers about her progress at the time. “Hi, guys. Just checking in with all of you who are concerned about me,” she said in the video clip. “All is well. My family has been going through a lot of stress and anxiety lately, so I just needed time to deal, but don’t worry, I’ll be back very soon.”

In January, the entertainer revealed that her dad’s colon ruptured, and he almost died. “I don’t even know where to start with this because this is so tough for me to say,” she wrote in a candid Instagram post at the time. “I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. However, it’s important to always put your family first … and that’s the decision I had to make.

She added, “A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time. I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you, and love you all … always.”

View this post on Instagram

Dinner with my boys at one of our favorite spots 🎀🎀🎀

A post shared by Britney Spears (@britneyspears) on

Despite the challenges, it seems like Britney is thriving these days since she has been spending time with her two children and her 25-year-old boyfriend, Sam Asghari. “Sam is doing whatever he can to be there for Britney and is working around the clock to make sure she’s happy and relaxed,” a source previously revealed to In Touch. “Britney opened up to him about her mental health problems early on in the relationship and over time, he’s learned to pick up on the warning signs. Their relationship is all about openness, respect and honesty.”

Hopefully, this is the right decision for everyone.

Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at