More trouble for Thomas Ravenel. Hours after the Southern Charm star was arrested for assault and battery in the second degree by Charleston County police, the arrest affidavit revealed that it was for allegedly sexually attacking his childrens’ nanny.
“The victim, to be named later at the court’s discretion, was working for the defendant as a nanny at the above location,” described the affidavit, which was obtained by People. It goes on to describe in detail the alleged attack, saying that Thomas “undressed and made sexual advances” on his employee.
Luckily, she documented every detail on the event. “After escaping the assault, the victim called her then ex-husband and sister and told them of the incident, fled the scene, and notified several family members of the incident,” the document continued. “Photographs were then taken immediately of the injuries to her neck and chest.” Detectives then did their due diligence, from corroborating the incident date with employment records, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing photos from the victim, which are time-stamped.
Although the victim has not been publicly named, he’s had issues with employees in the past. In May, there were assault accusations made by Thomas and ex-wife Kathryn Dennis’ nanny Dawn, who was also featured on Southern Charm. She shared her story in May 2018, claiming that Thomas came home, cornered her in the master bedroom, exposed himself and ripped her clothes off as she desperately tried to escape. At this time, there is no indication that this arrest is a result of Dawn’s accusations.
Earlier on Sept. 25, the Charleston Police Department told Us Weekly that the 56-year-old former reality star surrendered himself at 9 a.m. on Sept. 25. According to them, the arrest was issued based off of a warrant from January 2015.
Thomas will be held in the Charleston County Detention Center until he has a bond hearing. According to SC attorneys Williams and Walsh, the punishment for the misdemeanor, if he’s found guilty, could include “a fine of not more than two thousand five hundred dollars, or imprisoned for not more than three years, or both.”
This is the latest in a string of legal trouble for Thomas. The former politician resigned in shame as the South Carolina State Treasurer in 2007, after he was indicted for distribution of cocaine and sentenced to 10 months in prison. He went to rehab following his resignation, and went on to appear on five seasons of the hit Bravo reality show.
Then, in May 2018, a woman named Ashley Perkins claimed that Tom met her mother Debbie on Tinder in December 2015 and sexually assaulted her. Tom’s attorney denied the accusation and said that Thomas’ fame made him “a target for an individual who has, in my opinion, dubious motivations.”
Just one week later, Thomas’ nanny, Dawn, shared her story. He has never responded to those claims. Following the accusations, Tom quit the show, tweeting, “I’m not doing the show anymore. In the contract they have the right to fictionalize your story. They took advantage of me. I decided I’ve got too much to lose and informed them I’m not coming back.”
Can’t get enough celebrity content? Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!