This is very scary! Teen Mom 2 star Chelsea Houska revealed on Twitter on July 16 that her husband, Cole DeBoer, legit saved her life during a recent choking incident. What?! The two were both at home when the terrifying moment went down, and Chelsea, 27, shared exactly what happened with her followers. Check out the gallery below to learn more.
Chelsea is one of the most loved moms in the Teen Mom franchise, and she makes sure to keep her fans updated on her life with her family on social media.
2 of 16
The Little Ones
Chelsea has three beautiful kids — Aubree Lind-DeBoer, Watson DeBoer and Layne DeBoer. She shares Aubree with her ex, Adam Lind, and her two younger kids with her husband, Cole, 31.
3 of 16
If not for some fast thinking on Cole’s part recently, something really traumatic may have happened to Chelsea and her kids — her children might have even lost her.
4 of 16
The Teen Mom star shared on Twitter that her husband may have saved her from an awful fate when they were home eating a couple of weeks back.
5 of 16
On July 16, the mom wrote on Twitter, “So I want to share something that’s probably going to seem really random … but I feel like I can’t be the only person that wouldn’t have known what to do in this type of situation …”
6 of 16
“A couple of weeks ago, I was rushing to eat (steak) and I started choking,” she continued. “SERIOUSLY choking.” Yikes!
7 of 16
To the Rescue
“It would not move up [and] I could not swallow,” Chelsea added. “Luckily, Cole was home and he performed the Heimlich and was able to get it out!” (Thank goodness!)
8 of 16
“All I kept thinking about was WHAT IF I had been home alone?” the reality TV star continued. We can’t even imagine how much scarier that might have been, and it sounds like it was already pretty terrifying.
9 of 16
Sharing Is Caring
“So I felt the need to share a video on what to do if you are ever alone and start to choke, as well as a video on how to perform the Heimlich on someone else,” she wrote in another tweet. Chelsea then linked to a YouTube video about the procedure.
10 of 16
Saving the Day
She also linked to another video and added in a separate tweet, “As if Cole doesn’t have to deal with enough of my shit already, he can now add saving my life from steak to that list 😅😜.” LOL!
11 of 16
Hey, at least she kept her sense of humor about the whole incident, right? Especially since it could have ended really badly, it’s good she can look back on it and laugh.
12 of 16
Fans in the replies had a ton of compliments for Cole and made sure to let Chelsea know how thankful they were for the information. “Cole is legit just a non-human superhero,” one person wrote.
13 of 16
“Oh my gosh Chelsea!! So glad you are ok because Cole was there,” a different fan responded. “That’s so scary to think about.”
14 of 16
“Bless your heart!! No, I wouldn’t have known what to do if I were alone!” another person noted. “Thanks for sharing! Glad Cole was there with you when it happened ❤.”
15 of 16
Blocked It Out
Another follower seemed to think something similar had happened to Chelsea before and they brought it up in the replies. “If it did, I completely blocked it from my memory. Which is possible LOL.” Could you blame her? How freaky.
16 of 16
Let Us Know
Would you have known what to do if you were Chelsea or Cole? How lucky was it that he was home and able to help her? Let us know what you think in the comments below.