Well, this has certainly escalated. Scooter Braun revealed he’s worried about his family after Taylor Swift spoke out against the music executive on November 14. “Since your public statement last week there have been numerous death threats directed at my family,” the 38-year-old wrote on Instagram on Friday, November 22. “This morning I spoke out publicly for the first time saying I wouldn’t participate in a social media war. However, I came home tonight to find my wife had received a phone call threatening the safety of our children as well as other threats seen above. I won’t go into the details of this past week. I have been at a loss. Thinking of my wife and children, my team and their families, I have gone through a range of emotion on how to deal with this. I write this now only after a deep breath and much reflection. I am certain there is no situation ever worth jeopardizing anyone’s safety.”
The New York native continued to explain that he tried to get in touch with the 29-year-old pop star numerous times, but she seems like she is not interested in resolving their issues. “To be frank, I was shocked and disheartened to hear that my presence in the Big Machine deal caused you so much pain as the handful of times we have actually met I have always remembered them to be pleasant and respectful,” he wrote. “Knowing what I know now all I have wanted to do is rectify the situation. I’m open to ALL possibilities. My attempts and calls to have an open discussion with you over the last six months have all been rejected. I have tried repeatedly through your representatives to achieve a solution, but unfortunately, here we are. This game of telephone isn’t working.”
Scooter noted he never wants any “artist” to “feel cornered or bullied” and touched upon how she is legally allowed to perform at the AMAs. Lastly, the businessman revealed he wants to call a truce. “Moving forward I would like to find a resolution,” he shared. “I will make myself available whenever works for you. Many have told me that a meeting will never happen as this is not about truth or resolution but instead a narrative for you. I am hopeful that is not the case. I’m right here, ready to speak directly and respectfully. But if you would prefer to make large public statements while refusing to work towards resolving things amicably, then I just pray that nobody gets seriously hurt in the process. I continue to wish you the best and hope we can resolve this.”
Just a week ago, the “Dress” crooner slammed Scooter and Scott Borchetta for not letting her perform some of her old songs during the upcoming awards show. “Scooter also manages several artists who I really believe care about other artists and their work. Please ask them for help with this — I’m hoping that maybe they can talk some sense into the men who are exercising tyrannical control over someone who just wants to play the music she wrote,” she said on Twitter at the time.
However, Big Machine released a statement on November 15 allowing Taylor to perform her old hits just in time for the star-studded event, but they denied Taylor’s accusations. “Taylor, the narrative you have created does not exist,” the statement read. “To date, not one of the invitations to speak with us and work through this has been accepted. Rumors fester in the absence of communication … We share the collective goal of giving your fans the entertainment they both want and deserve.”
Meanwhile, one day earlier, Scooter broke his silence at the 2019 Entertainment Industry Conference about his publicized feud. “I just think we live in a time of toxic division and of people thinking that social media is the appropriate place to air out on each other and not have conversations,” he revealed. “I don’t like politicians doing it. I don’t like anybody doing it. If that means that I’ve got to be the bad guy longer, I’ll be the bad guy longer, but I’m not going to participate.”
Clearly, it looks like Scooter changed his mind. What will happen next between the two? Only time will tell.