Who doesn't love RuPaul?
He has his own reality show, RuPaul’s Drag Race, that's already in its ninth season, the most infectious personality, and a positive attitude that inspires us all to be our best and truest selves, all with a wiggle and a wink of course!
Not to mention, he's the proud generator of inspirational and downright hilarious quotes!
As RuPaul reaffirmed to Paper Magazine, “…the motherf-cking drag queen" is here to say whatever comes to mind and stay along for this amazing ride! And in a meme world that insists on being extra, RuPaul has set his own standard by being extra his whole life — and it’s proven to have worked wonders!
But how did it all begin? RuPaul Andrew Charles started his career hitting up the Atlanta and New York City club scene. His growing fandom was soon met with a successful music career, modeling gigs, his eponymous talk show, The RuPaul Show on MTV, and becoming the first face of M.A.C. Cosmetics that helped raise over $22 million dollars for the M.A.C. AIDS fund.
So, to help us celebrate all things that are fabulously RuPaul and the month of June for Pride Month, we've compiled a list of our top 10 favorite RuPaul quotes that get so real, you’re just going to have to deal with them. Take it. Own it. Be it!
1. “When you become the image of your own imagination, it’s the most powerful thing you could ever do.”
When you’re feeling a little uninspired, the best inspiration is you!
2. “If you don't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?”
Self-love, people. Self-love.
3. “Good luck, and don’t F*ck it up.
Can we get this boss mantra on a coffee cup, please?
4. "The car making the right turn always has the ‘right of way’ (in the U.S.)."
5. “You may not get the role you auditioned for, but make a lasting impression and they'll remember you for something else later.”
6. "My life is so much better, it’s so much more enriched if I make the effort, if I actually celebrate with gladitude the fact that I get to be on this gorgeous planet."
We’re all about embracing “gladitude” — and you should too!
7. "Negativity is basically laziness. It takes a lot of hard work to remain positive, but positivity always pays off."
Positivity is infectious!
8. "When the going gets tough, the tough reinvent."
Be like the phoenix.
9. "It's back to the Bugs Bunny philosophy, which is that this life is an incredible experience, so have fun with it. Don't take it too seriously and try everything. Use all the colors in the crayon box.”
via Hollywood Reporter.
10. "Actually, it does start with you — if you want to change the world, change yourself."
Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at email@example.com.