For many, summer means spending time outdoors with loved ones. Celebrate the season at home by stringing up twinkling outdoor lights and playing a game of cornhole to work up an appetite. Cool things down with a dessert that is both sweet and indulgent, like Häagen-Dazs® Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches feature fan-favorite Häagen-Dazs® Dulce de Leche Ice Cream, which is a delicious combination of caramel and sweet cream, swirled with ribbons of golden caramel for a truly decadent treat everyone will enjoy. Frozen hot chocolate and caramel come together to create a delicious dessert with just the right amount of spice!
For more recipes featuring Häagen-Dazs® Ice Cream, visit www.haagendazs.us/recipes.
Serving Size: 6.
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
½ cup turbinado sugar
1 14 oz carton Häagen-Dazs® Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
Crushed cinnamon candies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside
- Mix butter with brown sugar and beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add dry mixture. Stir in chocolate.
- Scoop 2oz balls of dough, flatten slightly and coat with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 9-11 minute or until surface cracks slightly. Allow to cool.
- Slice the carton of Dulce de Leche horizontally, remove cardboard and place the round disks between cooled cookies.
- Roll the outside of the sandwiches in the crushed cinnamon candy if desired.