Fox News has officially parted ways with Eric Bolling more than a year after he was suspended following accusations of sexual harassment. Fox released a statement on Friday, Sept. 8, revealing that Eric’s show, The Specialists, had been cancelled, finalizing his split from the network.
“Fox News Channel is canceling The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably,” the statement read. “We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck.” Last August, the Huffington Post reported that Eric, 54, sent photos of male genitalia to multiple female co-workers via smartphone.
The TV personality’s career at Fox News and Fox Business began in 2007. Though he was best known for hosting The Specialists, he also anchored Cashin’ In. While Eric (who has denied all allegations of misconduct) is leaving, Fox News intends to keep his co-hosts, Eboni Williams and Kat Timpf, as contributors.
Eric’s departure comes more than a year after the late Roger Ailes — who passed away at age 77 this past May due to complications from a head injury — resigned as Chairman and CEO of Fox News in July 2016. At the time, Roger had also been accused of sexual misconduct by former Fox & Friends anchor Gretchen Carlson. That same month, Gretchen, 51, told The Washington Post that she was happy to see Roger go, but was upset that he didn’t make an exit sooner.
"At first, satisfaction — or no, I think validation … [But] I felt angry that it took so long," Gretchen — who filed a lawsuit against Roger, alleging that she was fired from Fox News because she rejected his sexual advances — said. "It’s complicated — there was relief that now I would be believed — and I was happy to a certain extent over that.”
How Did Eric Bolling Jr. Die? New Details on His Cause of Death Revealed
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Relapsed After His Wife Suffered a Heartbreaking Miscarriage
Here's How the Stars of 'Alaskan Bush People' Have Avoided Jail Time Despite Their Run-Ins With the Law