Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!
Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are back in hosting duties at this year’s Golden Globes because, as Tina put it, “Because in Hollywood, when something ‘kinda works,’ you keep doing it until everybody hates it!”
Well, we certainly don’t hate Amy and Tina (at least not yet!). In fact, we LOVED their opening monologue, thanks to all the hilarious zingers aimed at Hollywood’s finest! Check out our 9 favorites!
1. "I know Andy Samberg from his song I'm On a Boat, which this year was adapted into Tom Hanks' Captain Phillips." – Amy
2. Matthew McConaughey lost 45 pounds, or what actresses call 'being in a movie.'" – Tina
3. "American Hustle... Interesting trivia, the original title of that movie was Explosion at the Wig Factory." – Tina
4. "Matt Damon is here. On any other night would would be a big deal, but tonight, you're basically a garbage person" – Amy
5. "Gravity is about how George Clooney would rather float away and die than spend another minute with a woman his age" - Tina
6. "If I wanted to see Jonah Hill masturbate at a pool party, I'd go to one of Jonah Hill's pool parties" - Amy
7. "We are going to get this show done in three hours or as Martin Scorsese calls it, Act One" – Tina
8. “Meryl Streep is so brilliant in August: Osage County, proving there are still roles for Meryl Streeps over 60!” – Tina
9. “Woody Allen is the recipient of tonight’s Cecil B. DeMil Award, just a few years after Martin Scorsese won it. I assume this award is for tiniest man with the biggest glasses.” – Amy