Kate Gosselin Says She Doesn’t Want Her Kids ‘Around’ Ex Jon After Collin Alleges Physical Abuse
Former Kate Plus 8 star Kate Gosselin is speaking out after her son Collin Gosselin accused father Jon Gosselin of physical abuse, prompting an investigation.
According to People, the County of Berks, Pennsylvania Child and Youth Services notified Kate, 45, of the alleged incident between Jon and his son, 16, that took place earlier this month.
“You do not punch and kick your children. You do not kick a child. I don’t want to hear any excuses from anyone, not from his father, not from local law enforcement, not from court personnel whose job is supposedly to ensure the best interests of my children,” she told the outlet. “There is a child abuse law, PA 23, section 8i states that doing any of the following, regardless of whether it causes injury, is child abuse, and first on that list is kicking. Period.” She added of her ex-husband, “I don’t want my children around [Jon]. Enough is enough.”
Last week, Collin reportedly said his dad “punched” and “kicked” him in a now-deleted Instagram post. “My dad is a liar,” it read, People reports. “Yesterday he beat me up and thought nothing of it, he punched me in the face and gave me a swollen nose and I started bleeding. He then continued to kick me in the ribs after I was on the floor. He is a liar.” The teen allegedly called the police, who responded on the scene.
As of now, however, “there has been no charges or citations filed as a result of that incident,” Berks County District Attorney John Adams told the outlet. “That’s the only incident we are aware of at this point and there was no citation or charges filed as a result of the incident.”
The fact that there has yet to be any legal ramifications has Kate furious. “Jon needs to be charged with a crime. If this were your child, would you feel okay with having it swept under the rug?” she asked, noting that she will “keep shouting about it” in the “hopes that the authorities and the courts will finally do the right thing.”
The surprising allegations come just days after Collin revealed he was doing well after leaving boarding school and moving in with his father and sister Hannah.
“Got a new cut and I’m doing better than ever,” the former Kate Plus 8 star, 16, captioned a selfie on his private Instagram on Sunday, September 6. “Life is too great to not enjoy! #livelikeitsyourlastday.”
Jon and Kate rose to fame on TLC‘s Jon and Kate Plus 8 in 2007. They share twins Cara and Madelyn, 19, and sextuplets Alexis, Aaden, Joel, Leah, Hannah and Collin. The couple divorced in 2009 after 10 years of marriage.
In Touch reached out to Jon’s rep but did not hear back at the time of publication.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 for confidential support.
Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at email@example.com.