Earlier this summer, it was revealed that Bachelor in Paradise had been suspended over allegations of sexual misconduct following an incident involving Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. After the entire cast was sent home and an official investigation was launched. ABC later found no evidence of misconduct and as we all know, the reality show picked up filming where they left off.
And this week, Corinne finally sat down with Chris Harrison to give her side of the story. Watch the video below to see what she had to say about the scandal!
Originally, TMZ reported that Corinne was blacked out — and got so drunk she was unable to consent — when she got naked with DeMario in a pool; she allegedly blamed the producers for not intervening, as she felt they should’ve known that she was in no condition to participate the way that she did, but still allowed the incident to occur.
According to Corinne’s previous reports, she had been told by her cast mates that they went to producers and suggested that someone intervene, and producers opted to let things continue, though production sources deny that this ever happened.
Those closest to Corinne said that she doesn’t blame DeMario for the situation — though it’s been reported that he was more sober and remembers the encounter, which sources close to him say she initiated — rather, Corinne is said to be infuriated with production, and reportedly lawyered up.
Several of their co-stars who were slated to join them in Paradise for the show’s fourth season spoke out about the incident and the show’s abrupt cancellation. See their reactions below:
I'm heartbroken about BIP. 💔— Raven (@ravengates09) June 12, 2017
Back to bumble I guess 🤷🏻♀️🤷🏻♀️— Lacey Mark (@laceymmark) June 12, 2017
So much fake news out there swirling around 🙄— Jasmine (@jasminegoode24) June 12, 2017