Massachusetts woman Ana Walshe disappeared from her coastal community and was reported missing on January 4, 2023. Her husband, Brian Walshe, was charged with her murder on January 17, according to a warrant issued by the Quincy District Court. Despite pleading not guilty in January, Walshe was indicted on murder charges on March 30, 2023. Keep reading for everything we know about Ana Walshe’s disappearance. 

When Was Ana Walshe Last Seen?

According to Cohasset Police Chief William Quigley, a family member who was at the Walshe residence reported seeing Ana in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day.

Her neighbors, Mike and Mandy Silva – who also rented an apartment from Ana and husband Brian – told NBC’s Today that they received a text from Brian the same day Ana was last seen that read, “Happy New Year.” 

Ana was said to be liquidating assets in the days leading up to her disappearance, with Mike telling Today that she sold the apartment he and wife Mandy were renting. 

“They closed on [December] 28th and the 29th right before she went missing. And it was a cash sale,” he said. “I’ve known these people, like I said, for eight years so it does not make sense at all.”

In addition to selling off property, Ana had a plane ticket headed to Washington, D.C., booked for January 4. She was said to have used a ride share app, but there is no evidence that a vehicle had been called to her home, according to the police.

Three days later, after failing to report to work, Ana was reported missing by her company as well as her husband, Brian.

Ana Walshe’s Husband Is a Suspect

While the Cohasset Police held a press conference on January 6 – two days after Ana was reported missing – saying, “Nothing to support anything suspicious or criminal,” fingers began to be pointed at Brian. 

On Sunday, January 8, Brian was arrested and charged with misleading a police investigation, according to a statement from the Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office. He pleaded not guilty the following day but was ordered to be held on $500,000 bail. 

During Brian’s January 9 arraignment, prosecutors claimed that he had purchased $450 worth of cleaning supplies, including a mop and tarps, from a local Home Depot on January 2, despite telling investigators that he was at Whole Foods and CVS at the time. 

Sources further told NBC Boston that investigators uncovered bloodied towels, a hacksaw and other items at a dump facility in the neighboring town of Peabody, Massachusetts. The discovered array of products is consistent with Brian’s Home Depot purchase.

“The intentional, willful and direct responses to questions about his whereabouts on the days of Sunday, January 1, 2023, and Monday, January 2, 2023, were a clear attempt to mislead and delay investigators,” a criminal affidavit read. “The fact that he was asked a specific question and he gave an untruthful answer that led investigators out of the area caused a clear delay in the search for the missing person, Ana Walshe.”

Prosecutor Lynn Beland added, “These various statements caused a delay in the investigation to the point that during the time frame when he didn’t report his wife and gave various statements, that allowed him time to either clean up evidence, dispose of evidence and causing a delay.”

Sources later told CNN that search queries for “how to dispose of a 115-pound woman’s body” and “how to dismember a body” were found on Brian’s computer. The investigation then turned from a missing person to a possible homicide, the outlet reported. 

While the ground search for Ana has “concluded” after 20 troopers, K-9s, divers and the State Police Air Wing searched a wooded area for two days, it was revealed in court on January 9 that a bloody knife was found in the basement of the Walshe residence. 

On Wednesday, January 18, Brian pleaded not guilty to charges of assault with intent to murder and unlawfully handling a dead body.

Nearly three months after his wife’s disappearance, a grand jury issued three indictments against Walshe, including murder, misleading a police investigation and improper conveyance of a human body.

“Brian Walshe entered a plea of not guilty to the charge of murder at his Quincy District Court arraignment in January,” Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey said in the release on March 30. “This indictment moves the case to the Norfolk Superior Court, where it will be arraigned anew in the coming weeks. That date has not yet been set.”

He is currently being held without bond.

Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at