Prince’s drug habit was worse than anyone knew, sources reveal in the new issue of In Touch.
“At the end of his life, he was taking up to 80 pills a day,” a source exclusively says of Prince’s addiction leading up to his accidental opiate overdose. And Fentanyl wasn’t the only drug he was abusing. “The opiates that Prince was taking included Percocet, Vicodin and Norco.”
On June 2, the Carver County, Minn., Medical Examiner’s office confirmed the widespread belief that the intensely private singer, whose lifeless five-foot-three, 112-pound body was found at his Paisley Park compound on April 21, had died of an accidental opiate overdose at 57. The star had self-administered the powerful drug fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 100 times more powerful than morphine.
“He was obsessed with getting his drugs and making sure they never ran out,” an insider explains. “The only break he got from drugs was when he was asleep, which, in the end, was very infrequent.”
“Even though many of Prince’s friends and family had said he didn’t abuse prescription drugs,” the insider says, “it’s now obvious he was living a double life.”
For all the details of Prince’s drug addiction including how he got the pills, pick up the latest issue of In Touch, on newsstands now!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!