Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!
We officially have a new Miss USA!
The 62nd annual Miss USA pageant, which was held on June 16, has crowned their winner – Miss Connecticut, Erin Brady!
The beauty will now go on to represent America at the Miss Universe 2013 pageant on November 9. While the country was able to see the stunning 25-year-old dazzle in evening gowns and teeny bikinis, there's certainly more to Erin than meets the eye.
Check out 8 fun facts— that may surprise you!— about the new victor:
1) She Speaks From Experience: The new Miss USA wants to focus on helping children who are dealing with families that have been affected by drug and alcohol abuse— an issue that hits close to home for her.
2) She's a Blue Devil: She may be angelic on the outside, but Erin is a blue devil! The beauty graduated from Central Connecticut State University (whose mascot is the blue devil) where she majored in finance with a minor in criminal justice.
3) She's a Number Cruncher: Erin is currently a Financial Accountant for Prudential Retirement in Hartford, and wants to debunk the myth that women can't have beauty AND brains. “I think that now more than ever, they’re accepting that we’re all intelligent individuals and that it’s really not a stereotype,” she shared. Her next goal? Working toward her MBA and getting involved with Pension Risk Transfers.
4) She's a Pageant Newbie: The 25-year-old was a late bloomer in the pageant world and didn’t enter a competition until 2012! Clearly, she was made for the stage, as she beat out most of her competitors who were raised competing in pageants.
5) She's Making History: Erin is the first-ever Miss Connecticut to go on to win the Miss USA title!
6) She Loves the Lanes: Surprisingly, the pageant queen's favorite sport is bowling. Who knew?
7) She's a Mean Chef: Though the Miss USA pageant doesn’t ask contestants to perform a talent, Brady has admitted that her special talent is cooking.
8) She's a Bride-to-Be: Erin's used to her evening gown, but soon she'll be slipping into a wedding gown! The crowned beauty is currently engaged to Tony Capasso and is planning to wed on November 9, 2013.