It’s been estimated that Floyd Mayweather Jr. took home around $178 million for defeating Manny Pacquiao in what was dubbed “The Fight of the Century” last Saturday, May 2.
The check probably hasn’t even cleared yet, and someone else already has her eye on his money! According to a new report, his baby mama, Josie Harris, has plans to sue the boxer for lying about their infamous 2010 domestic violence incident!
Floyd’s ex, Josie Harris. (Photo Credit: Instagram)
‘TMZ’ reports the mother of three of his four children claims the 38-year-old athlete was lying last month when he told Katie Couric she was under the influence of drugs and needed to be restrained during their notorious 2010 incident.
RELATED: Jamie Foxx Slammed After Butchering the National Anthem Ahead of the Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight
In the lawsuit, she’s arguing that she’s been branded a liar and a drug addict following his April 14 sit down with Katie — and she reportedly wants $20 million to compensate. Additionally, her lawyer says the boxer fabricated details in the retelling of the story to generate press for “The Fight of the Century.”
Floyd’s 2010 mug shot in connection with the confrontation. (Photo Credit: Splash)
In her memory of the events in September 2010, she says they had broken up just prior to the brawl. She claims he was in a jealous rage when he stormed into her home and attacked her while she was sleeping on the couch.
Josie also alleges her kids witnessed the fight.
Floyd has four kids by two women. (Photo Credit: Instagram)
Mayweather was sentenced to 90 days behind bars after reaching a plea deal. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery in exchange for prosecutors dropping the felony battery charge.
He served two months in county jail.