In an interview with In Touch, hilarious new dad Seth Meyers opens up about being a first-time father to his four-month-old son, Ashe.
“I have night terrors about where the baby is. So I’ll wake up and grab my wife [Alexi Ashe]’s face and say, ‘I don’t know where the baby is.’ Then I just go back to sleep,” he jokes.
Seth says he loves being a hands-on dad. “I like changing diapers. There’s a beginning, middle and an end, so I feel accomplished.”
View this post on Instagram
I’m not the biggest hockey fan but thanks to the many Meyers who call Pittsburgh home my son got to dress like a champion this morning. Hopefully it’s the first of many for him and his inherited teams. #steelers #redsox #pirates #celtics #westhamunited #knvb #northwestern
Seth states that first Father’s Day was “good” but jokes, “I got nothing from Ashe — no gift, no card, which is very selfish! It’s early, but I’m concerned.”
“He seems like a good dude. He also seems like an over thinker — there’s a lot of furrowed brows, so he’s probably going to be a happy guy 80 percent of the time and then worry the other 20 percent,” Seth shares.
And although Seth and his wife, Alexi, just had Ashe, they are looking forward to having more kids in the future. “My wife and I both have siblings and we would not want to send a kid out on his own.”
When asked how many kids they would want in the future Seth jokes, “Well, I want my own reality show — so like, 18 to 25. What’s the minimum amount for that? Some of them are going to be duds, so you try to have as many as possible!”
For the full interview with Seth Meyers, pick up the latest issue of In Touch, on newsstands now!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!