
LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 30: (L-R) Weston Cage and Nicholas Cage attend the Premiere of RLJ Entertainment's "Dog Eat Dog" at The Egyptian Theatre on September 30, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Earl Gibson III/Getty Images)
Nicolas Cage’s son Weston Cage fired back at his mother Christina Fulton’s lawsuit accusing him of assaulting her and causing severe injuries, In Touch can exclusively report.
According to court documents obtained by In Touch, Weston, 34, denied all allegations of wrongdoing in the case.
His lawyer argued, “That any and all events, happenings, injuries, loss, damage and expenditures referred to in the complaint were directly and proximately caused and contributed to by the statements, actions, carelessness and negligence of [Christina] and the extent of damages sustained by [Christina], if any, should therefore be reduced in proportion to the negligence of [Christina] in causing said injuries and/or damages.”

In addition, the lawyer said, “By virtue of [Christina’s] own careless, negligent, and other wrongful conduct, [Christina] should be barred from recovering against [Weston] by the equitable doctrine of unclean hands.”
Weston’s response also said, “[Weston] alleges that [Christina] engaged in conduct and activities with respect to the subject of this litigation, and by reason of said activities and conduct, is estopped from asserting any claims for damages or seeking any other relief against [Weston].”
Weston asked that the case be thrown out and his mother not be awarded a dime.
As In Touch previously reported, on February 18, Christina, 57, filed a lawsuit against Weston and Nicolas, 61.
In the suit, Christina accused Weston of assault and battery, along with intentional infliction of emotional distress.
She accused him of attacking her at his apartment building in Downtown Los Angeles on April 28, 2024.
She said she suffered injuries that required extensive medical care and treatment.

Christina claimed her son’s actions caused her to lose out of important business deals.
Christina added her ex as a defendant, claiming he was partly responsible for Weston’s actions because he had allegedly enabled him.
In her complaint, Christina claimed her son had a long history of mental and psychological disorder and a history of committing violent assault and battery against people.
“Nicolas has been aware of Weston’s history and has nevertheless failed to take action to prevent Weston from committing acts of violence and harming others. Instead, Nicolas has taken numerous affirmative actions to enable Weston and his criminal behavior,” Christina’s lawsuit read.
Christina claimed the actor had helped their son bail out of jail and often drank with Weston despite knowing his alleged substance abuse issues and history of violent outbursts. “Nicolas knew or should have known that Weston posed a serious and imminent danger to others, including Plaintiff, based on his documented history of violent assaults, substance abuse and mental instability,” the suit read.
In response, Nicolas’ lawyer told TMZ, “Ms. Fulton’s decision to file a lawsuit against her own son is not surprising given her past history of litigation against family members.”
Nicolas’ lawyer added, “It appears to be nothing short of a money grab and call for attention. Ms. Fulton correctly advised the responding LAPD officers that her son was in the midst of a mental health crisis at the time of this incident. We will deal with this appropriately, and in a courtroom.”
On March 7, Christina dismissed all claims against Nicolas.