Megyn Kelly may officially be out at NBC. According to Page Six, the talk show host is close to finalizing a $30 million exit deal with the network.

A source familiar with the situation told the publication: “It’s taking slightly longer than expected, the paperwork is going back and forth.” Another insider added, “Everyone wants this to be over — both Megyn and NBC — and Comcast has the money to pay off Megyn. We thought this would be a done deal a few weeks ago.”

Megyn was previously booted from her 9 a.m. slot on Today after making racist comments about blackface. But just because the 48-year-old will allegedly walk away from this mess with $30 million (she signed a reported three-year contract for $69 million in 2017 after leaving Fox News), doesn’t mean her career is over quite yet.

“NBC decided rather than fight and face a lawsuit from her, they — and more importantly Comcast with all its money — decided to draw a line under the entire debacle and pay Megyn the full amount owed in her contract to go away,” a source told Page Six. “But this is far from the end of her TV career — in the [Donald] Trump era there are few broadcasters like her. Megyn would likely take a short break from TV and return to cable news ahead of the 2020 election.”

Megyn Kelly Day of the Dead
MEGA
NEW YORK CITY: Is she sending a message? Megyn Kelly is spotted on her coffee run on Nov. 8, 2018, wearing an all-black outfit with a Day of the Dead skull printed in on her shirt.

Following backlash from her statements on live television, Megyn took to her series to publicly apologize to angered viewers. “I want to begin with two words: I’m sorry,” she said at the top the morning show in late October. “You may have heard that yesterday we had a conversation about political correctness and Halloween costumes… I defended the idea (of blackface), saying that as long it was respectful and part of a Halloween costume, that it seemed OK. Well, I was wrong, and I am sorry.”

Megyn added, “I have never been a PC kind of person,” but she learned from the backlash over her statements that “it is not OK for (blackface) to be part of any costume, Halloween or otherwise. This past year has been so painful for many people of color,” she continued. “The country feels so divided and I have no wish to add to that pain and offense. I believe this is a time for more understanding, more love, more sensitivity and honor, and I want to be part of that. Thank you for listening and for helping me listen too.”

Neither NBC or Megyn has commented on the latest reports.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!