News

Lil Wayne’s Ex-Assistant Accuses Him of Dragging His Feet on Being Deposed Over Alleged Plane Assault

Ryan Naumann

Published

on

Lil Wayne
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - JULY 12: Lil Wayne performs onstage during The 2023 ESPY Awards at Dolby Theatre on July 12, 2023 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images)

Lil Wayne’s former personal assistant demanded the rapper show up to a deposition immediately to answer questions about an alleged assault on a private plane, In Touch can exclusively report.

According to court documents obtained by In Touch, Andrew Williams, who claimed he was working for the musician in 2022, asked the judge presiding over his case to force Wayne, 42, to sit for a depo.

Andrew explained he sat for a six-hour independent medical examination by Wayne’s doctor, which evaluated his cognitive abilities.

Andrew’s lawyer explained, “This examination required [Andrew] to travel to California to attend [Wayne’s] examiner’s office, demonstrating [Andrew’s] cooperation with the litigation process. Despite multiple requests by [Andrew’s] counsel, [Wayne] has, as of today, refused to provide a copy of the examiner’s report, more than a year after the [medical examination] was conducted.”

Lil Wayne

In his motion, Andrew claimed his legal team demanded Wayne appear in person for the deposition, but the rapper’s legal team refused. Wayne’s team offered their client via Zoom for the deposition.

Andrew’s lawyer added, “On November 20, 2024, [Andrew] made himself available for deposition at [Wayne’s] request. However, the courtesy of mutual availability has not been reciprocated by [Wayne].”

The lawyer said he reached out to Wayne’s team on November 21 to schedule a December 4 deposition for Wayne but claimed his team objected to the request.

Andrew said Wayne failed to provide an alternative date where he was available.

Andrew’s lawyer argued, “[Wayne’s] objections to the deposition notice are baseless and fail to demonstrate good cause or prejudice that would warrant delaying discovery. [Andrew] made repeated and extensive efforts to meet and confer regarding the scheduling of [Wayne’s] deposition.”

He continued, “Despite these good-faith efforts, [Wayne’]s objections have remained conclusory and unsubstantiated, with no alternative dates or valid explanations provided. Given [Andrew’s] compliance and willingness to cooperate, [Wayne’s] objections are without merit and constitute an unwarranted delay of the discovery process.”

As In Touch previously reported, Andrew brought the lawsuit against Wayne in 2022.

Lil Wayne

Andrew demanded unspecified damages for alleged assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, wrongful termination and negligence.

In his filing, Andrew claimed he was on a private jet with Wayne on June 20, 2022. He said Wayne and the pilot had an argument before takeoff.

Andrew said he tried to stop the argument from getting physical, which he claimed upset Wayne and led to the rapper punching him in the face with a closed fist. “The combination of a closed fist and the numerous rings and large jewelry on the hands of [Wayne] caused great harm to [Andrew],” the suit read.

Andrew said he rushed to the local urgent care for his injuries.

His lawsuit read, “As an actual and proximate result of [Wayne’s] assault and misconduct, [Andrew] has and continues to be damaged emotionally and physically, incurred general damages and special damages including incurring medical expenses, in amounts to be proven at trial.”

Wayne denied all allegations of wrongdoing or that Andrew was harmed by him. Wayne argued that his actions were done in self-defense.

The rapper also denied retaliation against Andrew following the alleged incident. The musician asked for the entire case to be thrown out of court.

As In Touch first reported, Wayne is facing a separate lawsuit filed by his former bodyguard Carlos Christian. Carlos accused Wayne of punching him on December 2, 2021, while holding a semiautomatic rifle.

Wayne denied all allegations of wrongdoing.

Trending News

Better Call Saul Better Call Saul
Celebrity3 days ago

Beloved ‘Better Call Saul’ Star Shares Heartbreaking ALS Diagnosis and the Brave Reason He’s Going Public Now

News3 days ago

Casey Wasserman Engaged to Mistress, Who Sent Grotesque Emails to His Then-Wife, Amid Epstein Files Scandal

Politics3 days ago

Spencer Pratt Responds to Report That President Donald Trump May Endorse His Run for L.A. Mayor

Celebrity News3 days ago

Jessica Simpson Makes Her Kids Fly Coach Because She Doesn’t Want Them to Be ‘Entitled’

Entertainment2 days ago

Netflix’s ‘The Crash’: Mackenzie Shirilla’s Father Placed on Administrative Leave After Doc Release

Country Music3 days ago

Carly Pearce Says She Knew Marriage to Michael Ray Was a ‘Very Big Mistake’ Hours After Wedding

Exclusive3 days ago

Martin Short’s Relationship With Meryl Streep ‘a Bright Spot in His Life’ After Daughter’s Death

mackenzie shirilla and steve shirilla mackenzie shirilla and steve shirilla
Documentary2 days ago

Fans Still Can’t Believe How Netflix’s ‘The Crash’ Blew Up Mackenzie Shirilla’s Dad’s Life Overnight

True Crime3 days ago

Nancy Guthrie Update: Sheriff Says He’s No Longer in Contact With the Family — ‘It Works Both Ways’

Jessica Simpson Jessica Simpson
Celebrity3 days ago

Jessica Simpson Slammed for Flying First Class While Her Kids Sit in Coach: Fans Compare Her to ‘Home Alone’ Parents

B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling
Celebrity2 days ago

Mindy Kaling Finally Breaks Silence on B.J. Novak Dating Rumors and Sets the Record Straight About Their Relationship

Celebrity News2 days ago

Tom Brady’s Stiff Gucci Runway Walk Has Model Ex-Wife Gisele Bundchen Amused