It looks like there’s still some tension between the famous exes. Jon Gosselin scored a major victory in court, temporary sole and legal custody of his son, Collin, after appearing before a judge in Pennsylvania. And now, the reality star is speaking out about his big win, while revealing how he felt about his ex, Kate Gosselin, being a no-show.
“That’s her,” Jon tells Us Weekly at WE tv’s Real Love: Relationship Reality TV’s Past, Present & Future event in Beverly Hills on Dec. 11. “I would never… I would always go to court, no matter what.”
The hearing was expected to be a tense face-off between Jon and his former flame, but shockingly, Kate did not appear in court on Dec. 4. The Jon and Kate Plus 8 exes have been at odds for years over the custody of their eight children, 14-year-old sextuplets — Collin, Hannah, Alexis, Aaden, Leah, and Joel — and 18-year-old twins Maddie and Cara.
Jon, 41, and Kate, 43, divorced in 2009 after a decade of marriage, and Kate was initially granted full legal custody of their children, but the exes shared physical custody. Earlier this year, Jon gained custody of Hannah, and at this point, she lives with him permanently.
Meanwhile, Collin has spent the last two years away seeking treatment for “behavioral issues,” a decision that Kate battled with, but felt was right. Now that Collin is gearing up to be released from the facility soon, it looks like he’ll be going straight to his dad’s house just in time for the holidays!
“I’m excited to have a male around,” Jon told Us. “I’m constantly surrounded by 14-year-old girls!” Collin and Hannah are looking forward to some quality time together as well. “He wanted to live with me,” Jon said, while sharing Hannah’s excitement. “She wants her brother to come home!”
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!