The universe is still abuzz about the Giants winning the Super Bowl... but let's not forget about Madonna's ah-mazing halftime performance!
Performing a medley of famous tracks and her latest tune, Give Me All Your Luvin' (featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A), the Queen of Pop turned the field into her own musical playground. With an estimated 104 million people watching (um, hello pressure!),
Madonna had to look her best, so she turned to Wella Professionals celebrity stylist Andy LeCompte to give her hair the royal treatment. “We tried a couple of variations in rehearsals with texture and size of waves to see what would work best," explains LeCompte. "We even discussed bangs!” Finally, the two settled on loose, voluminous waves to allow for versatility between rapid set changes.
You too can "strike a pose" with LeCompte's steps for glamorous, Madonna-inspired tresses! Here's how:
1. To capture maximum volume and shine, wash hair with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Use a ceramic brush and blow-dry the hair completely.
3. Spritz the hair evenly with Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray before separating the hair into 2-inch sections.
4. Curl sections with a medium barrel curling iron to get that “bouncy curl look.”
5. To soften the look, lift the root area with a rattail comb.
6. For that radiant glow, spray the hair with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.
7. Finally, set with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray.
Now go out and "Express Yourself" with this star-worthy look!