
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 26: Sacha Baron Cohen (L) and Isla Fisher attend a screening of the Oscars on Monday April 26, 2021 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Rick Rycroft-Pool/Getty Images)
Isla Fisher revealed that she “learned so much” about herself in the wake of her split from longtime husband Sacha Baron Cohen, and leaned on her support system while dealing with heartbreak.
“I never imagined my family being separated, but we are committed and loving parents,” the actress, 49, said while breaking her silence on their divorce for the first time in nearly a year.
Isla and Sacha, 53, are parents of three kids — Olive, 17, Elula, 14, and Montgomery, 9 — and they remain committed to amicably coparenting their children while navigating a new normal.
“Kids are the most important thing, and you want them to really feel safe and loved. We are building a new, healthy version of what our family looks like and putting as much care and love into it as possible,” she told The Times of London in an interview published on February 8.

The Confessions of a Shopaholic star also shared that her inner circle stepped up in a major way while she coped with the fallout of her breakup.
“The women in my life have held me … the female relationships that I cultivated in our business, those women have been there for me. I’m actually going to get emotional,” Isla confessed.
She added, “I’m sitting here today because of them. I’ve learned so much about the power of female friendship and I’ve just learned that I do have resilience, who I am outside of a partnership, and what my values are. It’s been this expansive learning curve.”
The Borat star and Isla tied the knot in March 2010 after a six-year engagement and shocked fans with the announcement they would be going their separate ways in April 2024.
Sacha and Isla revealed they jointly filed to end their marriage and it was later confirmed the exes submitted a divorce application in England in September 2023.
The former flames also submitted joint paperwork three months after the initial filing to declare that their marriage had broken down irretrievably.
Looking forward, the Wedding Crashers actress said that she and her ex want to stay cordial and emulate the dynamic she and her parents, Elspeth Reid and Brian Fisher, had when they called it quits.
“It was very harmonious,” she recalled about their relationship. “I don’t ever remember them fighting about anything. They were very inclusive of each other. That’s the dream.”
When it comes to looking for love again, Isla said that is not a priority at this time.
“That’s not on my to-do list,” she admitted. “I’m not ready to think about any of that.”
An insider previously told In Touch that she does, however, have some characteristics she thinks would be a more suitable match in the future.
“For most of her marriage, she almost never went out socializing on her own, and Sacha was constantly by her side,” spilled the source. “It’s a totally new world for Isla, and she’s clear about what she’s looking for: an American, a hunk, and basically the Anti-Sacha Baron Cohen in every sense of the word.”
The news of the famous couple’s split made headlines after Sacha’s former The Brothers Grimsby costar Rebel Wilson accused the actor of alleged misconduct in her memoir, Rebel Rising.
Sacha denied her allegations and an insider told Us Weekly that her claims had “nothing to do” with the split.