The Hills: New Beginnings star Audrina Patridge opened up about coparenting her 4-year-old daughter, Kirra, with ex-husband Corey Bohan, and admitted it’s pretty “difficult” in an exclusive interview with In Touch.

“Oh my gosh, honestly that is the hardest thing for me right now,” the reality star, 35, says about her and Bohan’s relationship, adding that she’s reading a book for some coparenting pointers called Joint Custody with a Jerk. “When your ex is uncooperative and makes everything difficult … it’s just been helping me a lot because it’s been a struggle.”

Courtesy of Audrina Patridge/Instagram

“You’d think after three years it would’ve gotten easier, but it’s actually gotten worse,” the brunette beauty adds.

Patridge filed for divorce from Brohan, 38, in 2017 after less than a year of marriage. Just two days later, she was granted a temporary restraining order against him. She received primary custody of their daughter in November 2018. Their divorce was finalized one month later.

In June, Bohan asked the single mom for child support after he lost his job as a bartender in March as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, according to court documents obtained by In Touch. Since Patridge “earns [a] significantly higher income” than her ex, he alleged she should be able to pay child support so Kirra has the same comforts with both her mother and father.

Although her ex may be “hard to deal with,” it’s all worth it for her little girl. “I have her a little like … my ex only has her 28 percent of the time and I have her the rest, so like 72 percent,” she says of their custody agreement. “So she’s with me all the time regardless but it’s really nice, just to wake up and not have to rush and do anything. Really just focused on her and what she wants to do.”

The mother-daughter duo recently celebrated Kirra’s 4th birthday, and the proud mama couldn’t help but gush over her daughter on Instagram. “Happiest 4th birthday to my beautiful, smart, silly, fun, loving little mother of a daughter Kirra,” Patridge wrote on June 25. “She is such a shining light, she has always been advanced since the very beginning, taking care of her friends, speaking her mind kindly, standing up for what’s fair (my little boss baby). I am so blessed and grateful to be her mommy. I cannot imagine life without her.”

Reporting by Diana Cooper

How big are reality star salaries? Jason Tartick breaks it down with Us Weekly editors.

Have a tip? Send it to us! Email In Touch at