With fun-filled performances and an all-star lineup, the American Music Awards are often the most fun and anticipated award show of the year—and the 2013 show was no exception!
With performances from Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and huge wins for Justin Timberlake, Rihanna,Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande and more—it’s no surprise that backstage was buzzing with celebrities!
So join In Touch backstage, and join us in some of the best moments backstage at last night’s awesome award show:
- Not everyone was digging Miley’s cat-filled performance—although many stars seemed to get a kick out of the on-stage kitten making her “signature” face.
- One star who came to her defense? Nelly! He was overheard saying, “It’s art not politics; art and politics are yin and yang—you don’t question it.”
- Justin Timberlake was spotted sans Jessica Biel… but we hear he looked happy and suave! Of course he did…
- Everyone was super impressed with J Lo’s performance honoring Celia Cruz! Three of her dancers were flown in from Colombia—and said dancing with her was so easy because Jen is so talented!
- Despite looking beautiful, winning best new artist and an amazing performance, Ariana Grande was looking sad backstage. Luckily she had an amazing support system backstage—her mom and Jennette McCurdy! Aww, Sam & Cat are BFFs IRL!
- Harry Styles and the boys of One Direction seemed to stick together backstage—and even took pictures with fans when they could!
- Rihanna seemed super psyched after winning the first Icon Award… but who can blame her?
- Fans seemed intrigued and a little disappointed by Lil Mama’s performance with TLC… and T-Boz and Chilli may not have been an exception!
What did you think of last night’s performance? Tell us your favorite moments in the comments!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!