Amidst all the drama surrounding her divorce from Russell Brand (the judge recently granted the divorce, but the two won't be legally split until July of this year), Katy Perry didn't look shook up at the Grammys… at all. In fact, the "Part of Me" singer palled around with BFF Rihanna and even changed some of the lyrics to the new tune she performed to reflect her current state of mind ("You can keep the diamond ring, It don't mean nothing anyway" — ouch!). But most of all, Katy looked great -- she was aglow in her Elie Saab gown, electric hair and flawless makeup.
"Katy loves color!" exclaims celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey, who created Katy's pretty "pastel-themed look" using Yves Saint Laurent Beauty, adding, "Her ethereal baby-blue Elie Saab Couture gown called for a classic polished look with a strong eye and dramatic lashes."
Jealous? Don't be! Celebs aren't the only ones who turn out the glam. Jake shares his step-by-step process so you can recreate Katy's look yourself! (All products are Yves Saint Laurent, yslbeautyus.com.)
1. "We wanted a strong, black doe eye," explains Jake, who used Effet Faux Cils Longwear Cream Eyeliner #1 because "it is the truest black on the market, and it is 100-percent smudge-proof, which is key for long nights."
2. Pure Chromatics #5 eye shadow: "To add shimmer and dimensions, I layered a deep charcoal shimmer over the liner and pale pink shimmer to highlight Katy's brow bone," notes Jake.
3. "For long thick lashes, I applied the equally intense Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils over a set of Eylure lashes from Katy's new lash line," says Jake.
4. The bright coral glow? Oh, that was thanks to Créme De Blush #4 — "applied to the apples of cheeks."
5. "To accentuate Katy's cheekbones and warm her overall complexion, I dusted on Terre Saharienne #2," Jake notes.
6. Lastly, lips! Rouge Pur Couture #26 finished the look "with a cool pink retro shade that complemented the pastel theme and really made Katy's lips pop!"
Jake's tip on cult-favorite YSL Touche Éclat: "Touche Éclat is not only perfect for under the eyes, under the brow and down the sides of the nose to sculpt and highlight, but use it to outline the lips and give the appearance of a plumped pout."