While Hollywood gears up for the big show (ahem, the Academy Awards), celebs are flirting with gorgeous looks that are worthy of praise. Case-in-point: The stunning hair and makeup we saw at the Screen Actors Guild (otherwise known as, SAG) Awards. Here are a couple of our favorite standouts — and the step-by-step info from the glam squad who created them!
First up, Emma Stone. Chanel celebrity makeup artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua was inspired by The Help star's custom Alexander McQueen dress and "her gorgeous eye, hair and skintone coloring" for her "slightly edgy '50s look."
1. For a porcelain finish, Yoshimoto Bua used Chanel Perfection Lumière Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup and Revlon PhotoReady Finishing Powder in Translucent.
And, of course, who could forget the hairstyles?! Glee's Naya Rivera was a definite favorite — those sexy waves and perfectly face-framing style... we love! Celebrity stylist Brian Magallones was the mastermind behind the glam-meets-laid-back look and here's the how-to...
1. First, start by smoothing several drops of Amika Oil Treatment throughout and then blow dry to get hair smooth and shiny.
2. Next, distribute some Amika Heat Defense serum throughout the hair — from mid-length to ends — to really protect hair from heat styling (and also to add another layer of shine).
3. Take 1-inch sections of hair and spray with Amika 2-in-1 Volumizing and Styling Spray, then wrap each section around the Amika Triple Barrel Curling Iron — this no-clip iron is perfect for achieving naturally gorgeous waves!
4. Once the hair has a good wave in it, apply a drop of Amika Curl Defining Cream throughout the hair. Tip: Use your fingers to "comb" and separate the waves.
5. The last step? A couple more drops of Amika Oil Treatment for more shine! And finish with a quick mist of Amika 2-in-1 Styling and Volumizing Spray before you head out the door!