Inside The 'Fresh
Prince of Bel-Air'
Star’s Wedding: Five
Things You Need To
Photography by Brian Kent at ABM Wedding Photography/Monique Feil Photography
Alfonso Ribeiro is known best as the loveable sidekick on sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Silver Spoons. But on Oct. 13, the 41-year-old stepped into a brand new role -- as a husband!
Alfonso tied the knot with Angela Unkrich, 31, at the Lakeside Golf Club in Burbank, Calif., in a romantic ceremony that combined laughter, tears and some serious partying!
Here's what you need to know about the couple’s fairy-tale wedding:
1. The guest list: Among the 175 guests that attended the couple’s outdoor nuptials were pals like Joey Fatone, Grant Show and Dancing With the Stars pro Tony Dovolani. Groomsman Will Smith missed the ceremony because of a death in the family (he supported his friend the night before at the rehearsal dinner), but Fresh Prince’s Tatyana Ali and Karyn Parsons were on hand. “Karyn and Tatyana were both readers in the ceremony,” Alfonso says. “They’re like family to me.”
2. The custom rings: Alfonso and his bride worked together to design their one-of-a-kind wedding rings. “We both designed mine,” says Angela of her gorgeous square cushion-cut diamond ring. “But Alfonso surprised me by engraving our initials in it.” Alfonso adds, "My ring is a white-gold band with a row of diamonds going across the top half of the ring. It’s classic and simple.”
EXCLUSIVE PICS: See behind-the-scenes photos from Alfonso's Fresh Prince wedding!
3. The over-the-top cake: The five-tiered cake (designed by Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes West) featured six different flavors including strawberry shortcake and white chocolate raspberry. “The cake was gorgeous,” says wedding planner Michael Russo. “It was hot pink with a touch of cream and a very beautiful gray color.”
4. The exotic honeymoon: After exchanging their handwritten vows, the couple jetted off to Fiji’s Turtle Island Resort for a romantic getaway. “For me it’s just about relaxing and spending time with Angela,” says Alfonso, who is currently directs the Disney series Shake It Up. “No tension, no phones, no Internet, no outside distractions — just us together. It’s going to be the most amazing trip.”
5. The blowout party: When it came to the reception, Alfonso and Angela knew that they wanted everyone to let loose and have fun. From their grand entrance to “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas to a special rendition of “Sweet Child O' Mine” performed by Joey Fatone, “that’s what we achieved,” says Alfonso. “We just wanted everyone to have fun.”
For more on Alfonso and Angela’s wedding day including exclusive photos, pick up this week’s issue of In Touch, on newsstands now!