Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!
He’s more than just a pretty face— he’s also the newest pro on Dancing With the Stars!So who exactly is Gleb Savchenko? In Touch has put together some fun facts about the dancer whose fancy footwork is bound to blow us away this season. - In his Twitter bio, he describes himself as “Australian National Professional Latin-American Champion 2011-2012, 10th place in WDC ranking awards 2009. Actor. Model.”
- Gleb was born in Russia and started to dance at the young age of 7.
- Before moving to New York, he modeled in Moscow and became a famous face in Russia.
- He studied drama and theatre arts at the Moscow Theatre Arts University, graduating from the Russian Theatre Arts University with a Masters in Choreography.
- He has appeared in film and television roles, and since 2007, has won six Professional Latin Dance Championships.
NEWS: Maksim Chmerkovskiy Talks Leave From Dancing With the Stars
- Gleb is the second brand new pro on DWTS Season 16, after So You Think You Can Dance alum Lindsay Arnold. DWTS pro troupe member Sharna Burgess has also been promoted to competing pro.
- On this season of DWTS, he is paired with reality star Lisa Vanderpump.
- At the age of 14, Gleb knew that Ballroom Dancing would become his career.
- Gleb previously lived in Hong Kong, where he worked for one of the biggest dance studios. He then represented Hong Kong at dance competitions and became a Hong Kong Champion in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- In America, he has shot ad campaigns and participated in major designer runaway shows.
- Gleb was the first Host of “Time Out”.
- Gleb was ranked #10 in the World in the Pro-Latin American division by the World Dance Council.
- Bonus Fact: He is very...very easy on the eyes.
Will you tune in to this season of Dancing With the Stars to see Gleb's big debut? Do you think he has what it takes to become the next DWTS bad boy, replacing Maksim Chmerkovskiy?