Amanda bynes brown wig

Bynes Goes Wig
Shopping in NYC, Gets
in a Car Accident

In Touch Weekly

Just a day after she appeared in court wearing a messy, ill-fitting blond wig, Amanda Bynes left her NYC apartment on Saturday afternoon to go shopping for a new wig.

The 27-year-old jumped into a chauffeur-driven SUV at around 3:30pm on May 25 wearing a brown wig. “She was also wearing bright orange lipstick and was dressed very sharp, not grungy like she’s looked lately,” an eyewitness tells In Touch.

Amanda Bynes Claims Police Sexually Harassed Her

Amanda was followed by at least one car being driven by paparazzi and when her SUV stopped quickly outside the Hadiiya Barbel Collection wig boutique, it was rear-ended by the photographer’s car. Not waiting around to see what happened, the Easy A star – who appeared unhurt -- jumped out of her car and dashed into the store, where she tried on several different blond wigs. She left the store about 30 minutes later, after not making any purchases, and covered her face with a scarf as photographers snapped pictures.

Amanda Bynes Tweets: “I Don’t Drink or Do Drugs”

A short time later she was spotted leaving the RK Bridal Showroom and returned to her apartment at around 5pm.

Earlier that day, Amanda Tweeted her 1.2 million followers claiming that NYPD officers – who arrested her on May 23 after receiving a complaint that she was smoking a joint in the lobby of her apartment building – had sexually harassed her.

Amanda Bynes a Mess In Court After Arrest

The officers handcuffed Amanda in her smoke-filled apartment after she allegedly threw a foot-high bong out of her window, and she was charged with reckless endangerment, attempted evidence tampering and possession of marijuana before being taken to Roosevelt Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

But Amanda, who spent the night in jail, claims, “It’s all lies.”

“Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested,” she said in a long, rambling Tweet. “I was sexually harassed by one of the cops the night before last which is who then arrested me. He lied and said I threw a bong out the window when I opened the window for fresh air. Hilarious. He slapped my vagina. Sexual harassment. Big deal. I then called the cops on him. He handcuffed me, which I resisted, quite unlike any of the reports stated. Then I was sent to a mental hospital. Offensive. I kept asking for my lawyer but they wouldn't let me. The cops were creepy. The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window. That's why the judge let me go. Don't believe any reports.”

The NYPD’s Internal Affairs unit is now investigating Amanda’s harassment claims.