Former Real Housewives of New Jersey star Dina Manzo is now helping her fans plan a picture-perfect party that is sure to impress! The star of HGTV's Dina’s Party wanted to share her holiday party tips with In Touch.
1. Deck your halls: Holidays are the time you can get away with going over-the-top. So put on your elf hat and go off with holiday decor. The more the better if you're entertaining. Consider making a fun and easy ornament to pass out as favors. Your guests will appreciate the effort.
2. Plan ahead: Make lots of food that can be prepared early so you can join the party instead of working the party. Hire a bartender or pull a favor from a friend that will man the bar.
3. Think function: Don't forget finger food that you can grab with one hand. It works better for guests so the other hand is free for a cocktail.
4. Get creative: Theme out your cocktails with a holiday theme like a Candy Cane Martini garnished with crushed candy cane on the rim or a mini cane hanging off the rim.
5. Don't forget holidays are the time for giving: Ask your guests to bring a toy for your local children's hospital or packaged food for a shelter (human or animal).
For more on Dina, check out Dina’s Party which airs Saturdays at 10pm/9c.