Cory Monteith's autopsy results are in.
According to the British Columbia Coroners Service, the Glee star, 31, died from a “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.”
As In Touch has reported, Cory was spotted drinking beers with friends at The Shop, a coffee shop and clothing store, in Vancouver, just days before he was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Room hotel on July 13.
The 31-year-old has a long history of substance addiction and first sought treatment at the age of 19. In late April, he had completed a second stint in rehab.
He revealed that by age 13, he was skipping school to get drunk and smoke marijuana. By 16, his drug habit was “out of control.”
“I really got to know myself through a lot of that self-destruction,” he told Parade magazine in 2011. “I had to go very deep into myself and rebuild a lot of what I had taken apart, and that process is strengthening, that process is grounding. That doesn’t go away.”
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!