Jessica Simpson's BFF CaCee Cobb tied the knot this weekend, saying "I Do" to Scrubs actor Donald Faison, and In Touch has some fun insider info about what went on during the couple's down-home, backyard nuptials.
1) Star-Studded Guest ListZach Braff and Jessica Simpson acted as the Bride and Groom’s Best Man and Maid of Honor, respectively, but Seth Green, Nicole Chavez, Ashlee and Joe Simpson and several more of Donald’s Scrubs and Clueless co-stars were also there to witness the pair become hubby and wife.
2) Southern Eats and SweetsDuring the cocktail hour, guests dined on mini hamburgers while they sipped on pear and chili mint juleps. For those who weren’t drinking beer from Drink Pharmacy, the wedding bartender claims, “the pear juleps were the big hit of the night.”
The reception fare, on the other hand, was inspired by CaCee’s southern roots: fried chicken, collard greens and sweet potato pie. For dessert, they snacked on butterscotch pudding, red velvet mini-cakes and apple pie.
NEWS: Inside CaCee Cobb and Donald Faison's Wedding
3) Tons of TunesCaCee and Donald were serenaded by a trio of gospel singers during their ceremony, who admitted they “had a wonderful time,” and called the ceremony “beautiful.”
During the reception, the vibe changed to more of a bluegrass/country feel and the guests started really letting loose, as lots of "Yee-haws" could be heard from the backyard. There were also tons of 80’s hits playing, like “Jesse’s Girl,” Don’t Stop Believin’” and more.
4) A Touching ToastJoe Simpson, Jessica Simpson’s father, made a touching toast to the newlyweds. He’s been close to CaCee as long as Jessica has been her friend. “He's an amazing speaker and brought everyone to tears,” a guest inside the wedding reveals.
5) Petals AplentyThe Hidden Garden was responsible for the gorgeous red, white and blue flower scheme, which included hundreds of red roses, irises, hydrangeas, white roses and tulips. Each table had a gorgeous spread of white rose petals and white candle pillars with tall roses and tulips.