Last year, we fell in love with Jon Bon Jovi all over again. Every time we turned our heads in 2013, the 51-year-old rock star was doing something absolutely amazing!
Who can forget when he walked a super-fan down the aisle at her wedding, or donated $1 million to Hurricane Sandy relief? What about when he sang “Livin’ On a Prayer” with Prince William and Taylor Swift?
Apparently, we weren’t the only ones gushing over Jon this year! According to Pollstar, his band Bon Jovi was the top-grossing tour of 2013, raking in an impressive $259.5 million worldwide! Not bad, considering the band has been together since the early 80s!
If earning $259.5 million wasn’t enough of a feat, you’ll never believe the huge acts that Bon Jovi beat out to earn the top spot! Check out what other artists had the top 10 highest grossing tours of 2013:
2. Beyoncé - $188.6 million
3. P!nk - $170.6 million
4. Justin Bieber - $169 million
5. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - $145.4 million
6. Rihanna - $141.9 million
7. Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson: The Immortal – #133.4 million
8. Taylor Swift - $131 million
9. Depeche Mode - $119.6 million
10. One Direction - $114 million