Nipples Steal the
Feb 25, 2013 6:22AM | by In Touch Weekly
Anne Hathaway was a shoe-in for Best Supporting Actress, but when the Les Misérables star took the stage to accept her Oscar, two others shared the spotlight: her nipples.
As she strolled along the red carpet, Anne stunned in a pale pink Prada gown, which shockingly showed off the usually-demure star’s sideboob…at least until she faced forward. The gown, which Anne admitted she chose only hours before the Academy Awards, revealed a little bit more than that, as both of Anne’s ladies were front-and-center through the semi-sheer fabric.
While the dress seams ran down the front of her bust, it was evident that the 30-year-old star wasn’t wearing a bra. “It was the one that spoke to me,” Anne said of her dress. And it spoke to us too! The frock even inspired a twitter account called HathawayNipple.
"Anyone else feeling chilly?" the first tweet read. "Anne's dress 'spoke to her. We spoke to the world . . . #LesNipplerables."
But that’s not all! Tons of viewers took to twitter to share clever quips about the starlet's…er…assets. Here are just some of the silly twitter jokes at the expense of Anne’s nips.
- “Yes Anne Hathaway, we can see your nipples. Mission accomplished.”
- "I think I would describe Anne Hathaway's nipples tonight as both "fearless" and "unapologetic." #Oscars"
- "Pretty cool that I had Anne Hathaway's nipples in my office Oscar pool."
- "#Oscars2013 Anne Hathaway’s Nipples Are This Year’s Angie’s Right Leg"
- "Our country is behind others because twitter accounts like@HathawayNipple being made and gaining thousands of followers is a real thing"
- "Anne Hathaway's Supporting Actress win was predictable but her nipple-outlining dress sure wasn't! #ht #oscars2013"
- "Can't think of any Anne Hathaway dress nipple jokes, but if anyone hears of anything, keep me abreast."
What did you think of Anne's attire? Was her dress nothing but a publicity stunt to stay in the spotlight, or do you think she was unaware of her nipple situation?