Zac Efron’s next movie role could be out of this world—literally!
The 26-year-old stud confirmed he’s in talks to join the upcoming Star Wars sequel, being written by J.J. Abrams!
“Yeah, I just went and met with them,” Zac told MTV News. “So I don’t know it would be cool. I love [the Star Wars movies], I love them, but… who knows?”
Umm, that’s enough to start celebrating, right?!
Any time Zac is on the big screen, we’re there, but this is extra exciting because he could be part of movie history! Plus, he’s totally made for the role because he knows his way around a light saber—if you know what we mean!
After filming the lightsaber scene for his film 17 Again, Zac revealed that it was a childhood dream of his to do a lightsaber scene.
“That was another fun thing in the movie,” he told AmericanSuperstarTV in 2009. “I’ve wanted to do a legit lightsaber fight since I was 10 years old. And finally at 21, we made it happen. That’s as close as I’m gonna get.”
Little did he know that just a few years later he would be in talks to starring in a real Star Wars movie!
Of course, there will definitely be competition for the role! So far Michael Fassbender, Jesse Plemons, Gary Oldman and Adam Driver have also been in talks of joining the movie.
Stars of the original movies—Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford—will be returning as well.
Star Wars Episode VII is set to come out Dec. 18, 2015.