Happy Birthday Alana!: 9 Life Lessons We Learned From Honey Boo Boo For Her 9th Birthday
Aug 28, 2014 5:45PM
Today, Alana Thompson—A.K.A. Honey Boo Boo—turns nine years old!
We had trouble picking out a present for her—what do you get the girl who has everything? She has crowns and a pet pig and an extreme coupon pantry that has reached concerning levels of hoarding…
So we decided to do something a little different.
We’re showing our appreciation for all the gifts that little Go Go Juice-powered, salad-hating beauty queen has given us over the years—by listing the nine greatest life lessons she’s taught us (for her ninth birthday, of course!).
1. Love yourself and your body.
2. Never give up! Follow your dreams!
3. Take time for you. Even the most extroverted people need alone time.
4. Be whoever you want to be.
5. Don’t waste your time with pettiness and drama.
6. Or diets. You’re beautiful just the way you are.
7. Take naps. Sleep in. You deserve it.
8. Don’t just sit back and accept your reality! Challenge your perspective!
9. And most importantly of all: Dream BIG. Like meat-with-meat BIG!