Glee is only in its fourth season, but it’s already celebrating a huge milestone! In tonight’s movie-themed episode, the Glee cast will be performing "Shout,” which happens to be their 500th musical number. That's a lot of singing!
While 500 songs are a lot to choose from, In Touch has narrowed down the list to our top five favorite performances of all-time! Check them out:
1. Don’t Stop Believing: The very first performance of this iconic song in the pilot is one to remember! It let viewers in on the first glimpse of Finn (Cory Monteith) and Rachel’s (Lea Michele) amazing chemistry, and featured a glee club of just six members. It’s incredible to see how far everyone has come!
2. Rumor Has It/ Someone Like You: Mashing up two Adele songs is pure genius. Santana (Naya Rivera), Mercedes (Amber Riley) and the rest of the Troubletones knock this number out of the park. The performance showed off the group's amazing singing and dancing skills and they. are. fabulous. You go girls!
3. Umbrella/ Singing in the Rain: One thing we’ve learned from Glee’s almost 500 musical performances is that they love pushing the limit. The New Directions teamed up with Holly Holliday (Gwyneth Paltrow) and Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) for this incredible number. The craziest part? The whole group is dancing on water the entire time!
4. Loser Like Me: Normally the musical show focuses on cover songs, but this was Glee’s first venture into original songs! The amazing performance at Regionals ended with the crowd getting ‘slushied’ by red confetti. Not only was this an awesome musical number, but the song was Glee’s first radio single!
5. Thriller/ Heads Will Roll: There are two things Glee is known for: Mash-ups and crazy theatrics. This performance has both. The New Directions gang dressed in their best zombie attire to perform this mind-blowing number during half time at the school's football game. Needless to say, the crowd went wild!
Do you agree with our picks? What are your favorite Glee performances? Sounds off in the comments below!