One day after Buckwild star Shain Gandee was found dead with two others in the family’s Ford Bronco, an autopsy reveals the official cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning.
“The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office can now report partial findings from the autopsies of Shain Lelyn Gandee, David Dwight Gandee and Donald Robert Myers,” an official statement read. “The manner of death is accidental and the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning for all three subjects.”
NEWS: Buckwild Cast Member Shain Gandee Found Dead
Following word that the trio planned to go four wheeling nearby, all three bodies were found on April 1 in the Sissonville, West Virginia area after they were reported missing overnight. While searching the local area for the missing men, one of Shain’s friends found the vehicle containing the bodies of Shain, his uncle and their friend.
“The vehicle sat unevenly, but upright, and was partially submerged in deep mud,” the Sheriff previously reported. “Mud was covering the lower part of the passenger side door of the vehicle, but the driver’s side of the vehicle was above the mud. The muffler of the vehicle was completely below the surface of the mud.”
MTV Stars Remember Shain Gandee on Twitter
Shain’s grieving family have tentatively scheduled a funeral for the reality star this upcoming Saturday.
"The family feels that Shain died peacefully in his sleep without pain or suffering,” Shain’s cousin Ashlee Gandee wrote earlier today on Facebook, before the autopsy report was released. “That it was probably carbon monoxide poisoning.”