Kendra Wilkinson Opens
Up About Drug
Overdose, "I Almost
Kendra Wilkinson opened up about her troubled past of drugs and alcohol -- and the night she almost died from an overdose at the mere age of 14. The reality star struggled with cocaine, crystal meth and LSD.
"My drug habit was turning into a nightmare pretty quickly, and one night soon after, I almost didn’t survive," she said to the Sunday People. "I was in serious trouble, everyone thought I was dying."
"Line after line, I just kept going. Usually I knew my limit and stopped myself when I hit it because even though I was a druggie, I was still fearful of anything bad happening," she admitted. "I was shaking and choking on the blood that was dripping down my throat."
Though despite her deteriorating state, nobody with Kendra at the time called for help. Her teenage friends were worried about getting in trouble, so she recovered on her own. It was a serious wake-up call for the star, who soon after got her life in order.
"I decided I'd had enough," she said, and focused on getting clean.
Just a few years later, Kendra became one of Hugh Hefner's live-in girlfriends and became the girl we all know and love.